HERE IS TO OUR FIRST
WELCOME TO THE GREEK SCIENTISTS SOCIETY
We hope you and your family remain safe and in good health in the lead up to 2021 and we wish you a Happy New Year with health, happiness, and lots of Scientific successes.
Greetings from beautiful Cyprus,
You are holding in your “hands” the first newsletter from the Greek Scientists Society (GSS)
Greek Scientists Society is an open network for Greeks, Cypriots and of Greek descent Scientists, as well any other person or Organisation involved in the start-up ecosystem.
GSS promotes networking and facilitates all necessary actions to assist those Scientists who wish to successfully commercialise the outcome of their intellectual work.
Let me introduce you to the Greek Scientists Society.
Please have a look at our video Presentation below.
What the GREEK SCIENTISTS SOCIETYis
Our vision is to establish a network which consists of
- the Greek Scientists - Researchers and their teams - developing innovative products and technologies
and all supporting parties
- Academics & Industry (Corporates and Experts)
- Service Providers of all kinds that support the outcome of the intellectual sweat of our Scientists
In our GSS platform we will facilitate all possible forms of collaboration between the GSS stakeholders in the most synergistic way, to leverage opportunities in Greece and Cyprus but also to blend the best of our Diaspora with the most promising personnel in homelands and the opposite.
The GSS platform will be the focal point receiving the requests of all stakeholders and facilitating all necessary operations, initiatives, synergistic programs, and actions.
What the GREEK SCIENTISTS SOCIETY is NOT
GSS is not a Non-Profit Organisation but many of our activities will be carried out based on the volunteer work of our members
GSS is not a Government-led Organisation but we will work closely with our Governments and Institutions to advance the local ecosystems
GSS is not a Literary Society; we are people of action and results-oriented
GSS is not an exclusive group; we will work on Partnerships with International Companies and Institutions.
What the GREEK SCIENTISTS SOCIETY does
GSS will facilitate
- Learning and Professional Development
- Networking/ Business opportunities
- Spin-off and Start-up Support
How the GREEK SCIENTISTS SOCIETY will operate
We will develop various levels of involvement (by invitation)
- Innovation Platform – 50 Academics and Industry experts (from the Biomed sector) will comprise our first Task Force for a pilot program.
Please participate in our Survey and state your interest to assist our initiatives or email us directly
- Meet ups – action teams in groups of 8 members plus the moderator for subsectors and various use cases
- Webinars & Podcasts – weekly events starting late January and podcasts at later time
- Workshops – special workshops for the professional development of our members
- Mentoring and other career path assistance
the GREEK SCIENTISTS SOCIETY
Phase I Goals
- Reach 20 000 members by the end of 2021
- Introduce Hellenic Biomed Network as the first vertical to focus on - map and invite all the involved stakeholders in the Greek and Cypriot Biomed sector
Our PLANS for
the GREEK SCIENTISTS SOCIETY
We plan to develop many initiatives, programs, and events as we deploy our plan.
The first and most emblematic event is an online forum for this March "Discover the way a Greek Scientific Paradigm may evolve in the post-COVID era".
We believe that our times resemble the periods that preceded the Athens Democracy and the Renaissance.
How would the Ancient Greek school of thought affect the advancement of a distinct Greek Scientific Paradigm?
It's party time for the GREEK SCIENTISTS SOCIETY
You are cordially invited to join us on January 10, 2021 in our Online Party!
We are going to introduce ourselves, network with other colleagues from all over the world and have fun!
If you wish to present your company, your research or just moderate a table, please contact us here
In concluding this first newsletter, I leave you with this to reflect on; “Όποια πέτρα κι αν σηκώσεις θα βρεις έναν Έλληνα από κάτω”.
Let us prove this postulation and help the Greek Scientists Society flourish.
We are keen for 2021 to start and would like to know your thoughts. We encourage you to contact us with any suggestion, complaint or request you may have.
Thank you so much for being a part of Greek Scientists Society!
The Greek Scientists Society
Stay up-to-date with current activities and future events by following us on your favorite social media channels.
St John’s Innovation Centre, Cowley Road, Cambridge, CB4 0WS
+ 44 01223 667354